Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Are You Nobody Too?

"I'm nobody! Who are you? Are you nobody too?" This poem by Emily Dickinson sums up how I feel. Invisible... Lonely... Left Out... Ignored.... All Alone. I know that these thoughts aren't true.... they are lies the devil tells me to try and damage my witness for Christ. However, I have no idea how to get rid of these thoughts! As soon as I begin to show growth in my relationship with Christ, I stumble and fall. I listen to the negative thoughts in my head and use it as an excuse on why I can retreat into my own shell. I can find LOTS of excuses on why I can't be outgoing and friendly..... "no one will miss me".... "I don't fit in there".... the list goes on and on. I am also too sensitive to other's comments (or lack thereof!) Self doubt is horrible, yet worse is doubting Christ. Christ created me to be a NEW creature... "all the old is gone and all things are made new". Why do I keep letting the OLD me creep up? Why do I let others cause me to be depressed? Why can I not be thankful for who I am through Christ? Why can't I know that he created me with a purpose that only I can fulfill? "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things." Phillipians 4:4,6-8 (NIV) Lord, help me to always rejoice in you! You have commanded me to pray and turn all worries over to you. You have shown me what things are worthy of thought. Help me to give all my concerns and worries to You. Remind me that I should keep my mind on You. Give me peace, knowing that You are my protector and guardian. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment