Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Happy New Year?

I'm sure you are looking at the title and asking yourself if I have finally lost it.... but I was just thinking about how every new year (January 1), I make tons of resolutions and then NEVER stick to them! What are resolutions? They are goals... NEW things that we want to do!

God is a God of NEW.....

"He put a NEW song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God" Psalm 40:3

"Sing to the Lord a NEW song, for he has done marvelous things" Psalm 98:1

"Behold, I wil create NEW heavens and a NEW earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind." Isaiah 65:17

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are NEW every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3: 22-23

"I will give them an undivided heart and put a NEW spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh." Ezekial 11:19

"Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a NEW heart and a NEW spirit." Ezekial 18:31

And that's just the old testament!

"A NEW command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." John 13:34

"Just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a NEW life." Romands 6:4b

"Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a NEW batch without yeast- as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrifieced." I Corinthians 5:7

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a NEW creation; the old has gone, the NEW has come!" 2Corinthians 5:17

God promises us a new heart, new spirit, new commands... He promises to make us NEW creations! We must remember that God blesses us with a NEW day each day.... what we chose to make of it is up to us......

I choose to live each NEW day to the fullest...... that I may glorify God and show others what He has done for me. So, if each day is NEW.... then I guess I can say..... "Happy NEW Year!" What goals are you going to set for yourself?

Lord, Help me to not waste my NEW.... the NEW day, the NEW life, the NEW love You have given me. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. girl this is so good!stop over & follow me
    http://sittingathisfeetministry.blogspot.com/
    Helen

    ReplyDelete